Wusthof Classic 6-Inch Chef's Knife

  • Made in Solingen, Germany
  • Precision forged, full tang.
  • Triple riveted handle.
  • High carbon, stainless steel.
  • 58 Rockwell hardness.

This and the smaller model are the best knives I have ever had.They feel solid because they are solid. You can see the metal going through the handle and how thick it is. They hold an edge and feel very well balanced. Yes it is expensive if you are a joe six pack, but consider that your hands hold this knife and they feel a joy in its quality. I know that sounds a little fru fru, but it is true for me and to me this knife is worth owning.

I have an entire set of hand picked J.A. henckels Classic knives. This one replaced my 6” Henckels chefs knife. My first impression was that the wusthof is heavier and actually larger than the Henckels Classic. The Wusthof is better balanced and felt sturdier in the hand using a classic pinch grip as the curvature of the bolster feels better. As far as sharpness goes? It cuts through onions and middle finger nails like none other. My wife thought I cut the whole shabang off, but thank goodness my grip was at least semi professional. Proper care will keep this knife sharp for years to come. I am no chef, but this knife makes me feel like one, regardless what my finger or family think.

I purchased this knife after a friend had recommended a similar 6-inch Wusthof knife, and I am more than satisfied with my purchase. The 8-inch feels great in the hand, even weight throughout and not to mention this blade is SHARP! If you cook regularly, do yourself a favor and invest in a quality knife. I believe this knife is "stainless", however this is an investment so I recommend hand washing after use followed by an immediate hand dry. If you let water sit on this blade, or place it in the dishwasher you open yourself up for water spots/rust -this happened to my friends Wusthof, however they kindly replaced it for him without issues.

I've been a professional cook/kitchen manager for over 5 years. I bought this knife over a year ago with and I love it. Every minute I get to use it. It looks great, fellow cooks and chefs know Wustof well, and I use it at home and in the professional kitchen where it gets roughly 10 hours of use 5 days a week at least. I have a whetstone I use on it on occasion and I use a honing stick on it more often. It still cuts perfectly. I've tried out a lot of knives over those short 5 years from coworkers and friends, and other personal knives I bought; but this is the best knife I've ever wielded. I work mostly with chicken, beef, pork, and veggies where I sometimes prep for hours and it still isn't dull. If you're someone new to cooking looking to buy the best knife on a whim, this may make you love cooking after you get acquainted, it's heavier than some on the market, but this is the real deal. The one you can depend on. The one you keep clean after every use, to know where it's at all the time, and hopefully come to know well. Over a year of surviving a lot with this guy, it's still nearly as good as it was out of the box. Worth the money, professional or at home, if you can buy it then you should.

This is a review for the 6” Chef’s Knife. Truly solid knife. Feels great in the hand and comes out of the package extremely sharp. Your preferred knife size will depend on many factors, but the 6” feels great for me. It allows for a lot of control while still being long enough to complete most jobs without an issue. While I have only owned this knife for a short time I have a feeling it will last a long time based upon the build quality. At this price point I cannot see this knife being beat.

Finally decided to replace my old cheap 8" knife, and let me just tell you the difference in quality is off the charts. The moment I picked it up I knew that it would be eons better than what I was used to. Cuts like butter, keeps an edge (and I use this thing all the time), great length for all kinds of tasks, and has a good weight to it. Buy it. Get a blade guard and keep your baby safe & secure.

Well, mine wasn't fake! My friend bought me an 8" Wusthof chef's knife several years ago for my birthday, which obviously is as good today as it was then, and that knife completely spoiled me. I simply NEVER wanted to use another knife again. Superbly weighted, infinitely sharp, beautifully balanced, it's simply the best. The only thing I wanted, however, was a smaller version of the same, which I bought here for myself. And it's a literal carbon copy of its 8" relative. Not cheap, but you can be assured that these knives will last you a lifetime, and then you can include them in your estate for the kids & grandkids. Superb knife and worth every penny, IMHO.

I have purchased 2 of these. One for me and one for my Daughter who got her first apartment. We use it daily and it is just the right size and cuts beautifully. We hand wash only. I own Henckels and a few Wusthof, but I am more and more leaning towards the Wusthof. THE PRICE IS UNHEARD OF FOR A KNIFE THIS QUALITY. If you are sitting on the fence trying to make a decision. let me tell you the knife is outstanding and the price is the best you will find. I get stuck in circles reading and reading reviews, but I just decided to take a chance and ordered one. I quickly ordered the second because I felt there was just no way this seller knew what they had and the price would go up. BUY IT. You will not be disappointed.

Just got the 8" for my 22-year-old, who learned as a child on mine. I expect she'll use it for the rest of her life. I really, really love mine, now 35+ years old. So, it's hard to admit that the wider, more generously curved blade on this new one is better. It's a tad heavier also, which shouldn't matter if you're using it correctly.

I purchased this knife in 1993 during as my first "real" knife in my first year in culinary school over 20 years ago. This was back when it still read "Wusthof Trident" on the blade and I remember plopping down almost $200 when I could barely afford to put gas in the car to get to work after classes. I have used this knife to cook countless meals and I love it. Feels and performs better than any other IMO. In the 20+ years, especially early on as a college student, I have not been "careful" with it in the least and she still looks and performs great. She has been through many a dishwasher (don't do that!) riden hard and put away wet and that steel has never had a pit or rust spot on it. I will post a couple pics as I was just spending a little time with her on the tri-stone and I was thinking of all the special occasions that knife has been apart of. I used that knife to cook the dinner the night I asked my wife to marry me. The days of family visits after my son was born. Get togethers after losing a loved one. That knife and I have been been through a lot. The finish on her face shows some wear but I can tell you a story about each of the major blemishes. :) I wrote this review because I am about to pass her on to a young family member showing an interest in the culinary arts and started getting all sentimental. lol If they are still making them anything like they did twenty years ago, buy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Protective Silicone Cover Compatible with Ring Stick Up Cam Battery - Accessorize and Protect Your Ring Camera (Brown)

10pcs/Set Hose Clamps Stainless Steel Heavy Duty T-Bolt Mini Fuel Line Pipe Clips 6mm-20mm Optional Size for Plumbing(8-10mm)

303 30604CSR (30604) Fabric Guard Trigger Sprayer, 32 Fl. oz.